Launch of enterprise mobile applicationFebruary 16, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
16 February, 2011
Launch of GO!Enterprise Server®, taking its proprietary ‘cloud’ technology into the enterprise market
Globo plc (“Globo”; LSE-AIM: GBO; www.globoplc.com), the international IT, S.a.a.S and mobile solutions group, announces the launch of GO!Enterprise Server®, an enterprise software application that enables employees to access company applications, files and emails using any mobile device, including smart phones, across any network.
Launched this week at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, GO!Enterprise Server® uses Globo’s proprietary technology platform and represents a further step in the development of its international mobile applications business where CitronGO! and GOSocial! are already achieving significant traction. GO!Enterprise Server® is user-friendly and compatible with all mobile devices and technologies (including iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows Mobile, Java ME, Symbian and WAP), as well as most mail and collaboration servers.
Globo’s CEO, Costis Papadimitrakopoulos, commented:
“GO!Enterprise Server® takes our proprietary ‘cloud’ technology, used to power CitronGO!, into the enterprise space. We are encouraged by the positive initial response we received in Barcelona and believe that its simplicity and compatibility with any smart phone will make it an attractive alternative solution for enterprises.”
GO!Enterprise Server® targets businesses of all sizes in the US, UK, Europe, Australia, as well as in developing economies, and is being offered as software licences with maintenance contracts or as ‘Software as a Service’. Marketing is focusing on mobile networks, including existing customers, and software and systems integrators with full roll-out expected to begin in the second half of 2011. Over time, the Company also plans to build a global network of solutions providers and customer support teams.
Key features of GO!Enterprise Server® include:
– Full access to e-mail for Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and all global email providers, including Google, Yahoo and WindowsLive.
– Instant messaging amongst employees, colleagues, partners or friends on their mobile devices using well known IM providers such as MSN, GTalk and Yahoo Messenger.
– Efficient compression that minimises bandwidth costs and the impact on battery longevity.
· Productivity Tools
– Keeps employees connected with the office with calendars, contacts, notes and tasks being accessible.
· Folders and Files
– Access to company’s intranet file system together with online folders for storing and sharing files of any type and any size. Files can be attached to messages and read on the move.
– Enables access via any mobile device including the most well known mobile operating systems including iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Java and iPad.
· Business Application
– Provides an open environment with standardised APIs to connect and mobilise any internal business application, such as CRM, ERP and intranet. Connecting cross mobile platform applications to the company’s internal system is achieved using GO!Application Development Studio®.
– High levels of security for business data exchange and storage are ensured by the strong encryption algorithms following the latest technology standards. Additionally, GO!Enterprise Server® utilises all enterprise security policies on a group and/or employee profile level.
· IM & Social Networking
– Enables employees to use instant messaging and most social networking providers (Facebook, LinkedIn, MSN, GTalk) on any mobile device. By using the embedded GO!IM® and GO!Community® environments businesses can create their own IM and Social Networking places to improve teamwork, collaboration and information sharing.
Costis Papadimitrakopoulos said:
“The launch of GO!Enterprise Server® is strategically important to Globo and follows the success we have achieved with CitronGO! in the international mobile applications market. We believe that it has the potential to be a very significant contributor to future growth in revenues and profits”
Costis Papadimitrakopoulos, CEO
Dimitris Gryparis, Finance Director
Daniel Stewart & Company Plc (Nomad & Broker)
Noelle Greenaway (Corporate Finance)
Christopher Theis (Corporate Broking)
GLOBO plc is an international IT and mobile service provider listed in the London Stock Exchange (GBO: LN). Our business focuses on delivering state of the art and innovative services, targeting the whole telecommunication industry throughout the world. www.globoplc.com.