IDC – Globo Acquires Sourcebits to Boost Mobile Application OfferingsJuly 4, 2014
IDC analyzes Globo’s acquisition of Sourcebits, a strategic addition to company’s enterprise mobility management and mobile application development product portfolios.
On 30 June 2014, mobile enterprise management (MEM) provider Globo announced that it had acquired the services division of Sourcebits, a developer of mobile applications for enterprises. Globo stated that the acquisition will extend the scope of its expertise in the area of mobile application development, citing five service areas in which Sourcebits specializes:
- Mobile roadmap build: consulting and prototype development for new mobile applications
- Conversion of existing applications onto a mobile platform
- Execution services for mobile deployment
- Validation and quality control
- Post-project maintenance and support