Globo Plc and our affiliated companies (“Globo”, “us” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you use the Globo Properties, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Sites, by corresponding with us by phone or e-mail, when you register to use any of our products or services, when you register as a partner, when you place an order on our Sites, when you request products, services or information, when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Sites, when you enter a competition, promotion or survey, or otherwise correspond with us. The information you give us may include your name, postal and e-mail address, phone number, name of your company or department, your job role or title, financial and credit card information, contact information of individuals with whom you would like to share Globo content and other information which may be required by Globo to provide products, services and information to you.
- Information we collect about you. When you use the Globo Properties we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit to our Sites, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- where applicable, your device’s unique device identifiers, and telephone numbers, telephone carrier, e-mail/PIM/LDAP domain names and passwords associated with e-mail and PIM accounts, geo-location data or personal usage statistics on behalf of our products’ and/or services’ customers. The level of communications and monitoring functionality between devices of individual end users of Globo Properties and Globo customer’s systems is selected by our customer who has authorized the use of Globo Properties by the individual end user. For specific information on the device management data practices and policy of our customer who has authorized your use of Globo Properties, please contact such Globo’s customer’s device Administrator. From our side we do not correlate this information with personally identifiable data about individual end users of Globo Properties.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Sites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Sites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Sites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Sites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our Sites.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device.
Where required by local legislation, we will provide you with the opportunity to “opt in” prior to receiving direct marketing information. At a minimum, we will always give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving materials you choose to unsubscribe from.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about products and services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or as part of a joint sales promotion or to pass sales leads to our business partners.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. If you wish not to have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt out by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Sites.
- Third parties for which you provide your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Globo or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or in order to enforce or apply terms and conditions of any other agreement we have with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Globo, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and/or the US. It may also be processed by staff operating in the EEA, US, or outside these areas who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls and we use industry-standard SSL-encryption to enhance the security of sensitive data transmissions.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) username and password that enable you to access certain Globo Properties, you are responsible for keeping them confidential. We ask you not to share your username and password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Globo Properties; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
CHILDREN & PRIVACY
Globo Properties are intended for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at: email@example.com
If you are a California resident and you wish to opt out of information sharing; or you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Globo Properties may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS & ACCURACY
Globo wishes to maintain your personal information accurate. Please send such updates or corrections about your personal information to Globo by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in your personal information that Globo holds as soon as practicable.
Effective Date: 9/5/2014